Re: Where to find useful devel docs?

Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 15:57 +0100, Anders �tling wrote:

I did a search through the networkmanager-list archive on, but failed to find _any_ entries containing the words
"documentation" or "architecture". I assume that the search engine did
not try hard enough, 'cause I cant bealive that there isnt any docs
describing the nm and surroundings. As I wrote in a earlier mail, I'd
love to help, but I need somewhere to start reading up. Anyone?

The dbus api doc, though slightly out of date, does describe the
structure of how NetworkManager presents itself over dbus:

I'll second that. For my python hacks, I used both this and a little "grep" magic to find how dbus signals and methods were handled.

I agree it's not the best, but I found the code to be well structured enough to find rather quickly what I was looking for.

R� Cardona