iwconfig support of network manager

Hello,

I have a little question for developers.

Currently, Network Manager only support limited hardware for limited drivers.
Is there a plan for Network Manager to integrate with iwconfig utilities so
it can support all wireless devices work with iwconfig?

I was happy to see Network Manager but I do not have a suitable hardware.
My wireless adaptor uses only the zd1211 driver and that is not supported yet.
Is there any specific reason why Network Manager bond with limited
hardware drivers? Is it possible to support other "unsupported hardware"
through iwconfig tools?

I personally wish that could happen.

Thanks,
Koala Yeung