Re: no vpn plugin tarballs for 0.6

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 15:22 -0500, R� Cardona wrote:

> I'm no distro maintainer but it wouldn't be any harder than it is for
> GStreamer which ships 4 tarballs (base, good, bad, ugly) for more than a
> dozen plugins.

It isn't the distro, it is the GNOME machines.  See

	http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gstreamer/0.10/

Only one basename to the tarball.  I don't think the existing tools for
managing new releases support tarballs where the tarballs basename does
not match the module name.

> So far, there are only three vpn modules for NM, imho it
> seems reasonable to put them in one tarball.

The downside to this is that it defeats the point of the VPN modules
being separate, externally managed plugins with their own releases in
the first place.  Plus, we would then have to synchronize releases.  And
if we were going to do this, we might as well put the VPN plugins in the
base NetworkManager package.

	Robert Love