Re: no vpn plugin tarballs for 0.6

On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 10:34 -0500, j bootlab org wrote:

> nice to see that 0.6 is out, where can i find the latest tarballs for
> the vpn plugins, vpnc, openvpn and pptp. would be nice to see those at
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager/0.6/

Unfortunately, the way ftp.gnome.org works I am not sure that we can do
this.  It is fairly automated and we may be unable to submit tarballs to
directories that don't match the module name.

The other issue is that these releases are not in sync.  E.g., there was
not a corresponding release of the VPN plugins (nor does there need to
be), so we do not necessarily have something to release.

I agree it would be nice to get tarballs of these packages up.  I can
talk with the gnome.org folks and see what we can do other than created
n new modules for all of the VPN plugins.

	Robert Love