Re: wireless driver workarounds

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 12:04 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Robert Love <rml novell com> said:
> > Attached patch is a collection of workarounds for madwifi, orinoco, and
> > ndiswrapper that I have worked on or that have been posted to this list.
> >
> > We are probably not going to merge any of this.  If NM does not work for
> > you but works with this patch, we would like to know.
>
> I'm using:
>
> - Fedora rawhide (up to date as of today)
> - the latest madwifi-ng snapshot plus the patch from this list to set
>   the capabilities for WPA
> - NetworkManager-0.5.1-18.cvs.20060302 plus your patch
>
> WPA is not working.
>
> I had WPA working a couple of weeks ago, but updating something broke it
> and it hasn't worked since.

Any chance you could whip up a wpa_supplicant config file for your
network situation, and use wpa_supplicant standalone (without
NetworkManager)?  Make sure to use "-ddd" to get the maximum logging
information.

the command should go something like this:

/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -ddd -iath0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dmadwifi

If that fails, then it's 95% likely a madwifi-ng bug and something they
broke recently.