Re: small patch for DBUS < 0.60

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 13:31 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 12:21 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 13:33 +0000, James Begley wrote:
> >
> > > As I see it (as a very limited hacker) there are 2 ways round this.
> > >
> > > 1) Only allow DBUS >= 0.60
> > >
> > > 2) Check the DBUS version, and use the appropriate DBUS function.  The
> > > attached patch does this, and is sent on a strictly works-for-me basis.
> >
> > I actually would prefer to just require DBUS 0.60, although your patch
> > is a viable option, too.  By and by, I don't see where we require 0.50,
> > though.
> >
> > Dan, opinions?
>
> Not particularly, but I think I'd rather require dbus 0.60 too.  While
> the patch does preserve the old behavior, the old behavior was clearly
> broken.

Fair enough.

The only reason I hacked this patch together was to delay/avoid the need
to upgrade DBUS to version 0.6x, since a simple rpmbuild --rebuild of
the rawhide DBUS source rpm fails on my machine.  I figured it would be
easier, and less pain in the short term, to change NM to use the older
version of DBUS, than figure out why DBUS doesnt compile.

Cheers,
James.

James Begley
--