Re: nm-applet keeps disconnecting when using replacement libhal

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 16:41 +0200, Milan Plzik wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   few days ago I wrote simple library, which should serve as a
> replacement for systems with 2.4.x kernels to be capable of running
> NetworkManager. It implements subset of libhal API used by
> NetworkManager and the sources are located at
> http://www.handhelds.org/~mmp/libhal-nm-0.0.1.tar.gz (it is not publicly
> linked yet because it does not work and contains probably lots of formal
> errors) .
>
>   Everything works almost correctly, NM probably properly initializes,
> but the nm-applet starts disconnecting everytime I run NM with this
> library. I don't know what happens in NM daemon - I was not able to
> track any difference in its behaviour except of that it reacts on
> NameOwnerChanged message for NetworkManagerInfo.

Hmm; NetworkManager shouldn't really care if nm-applet is running,
except that when it starts NM will pull the list of "allowed" networks
from the applet.  Can you clarify the behavior here?  What happens when
you start NM and let it sit for a while?  What happens then when you
start nm-applet?  Can you post some output from "NetworkManager
--no-dameon" ?  That would give a clue as to why NM keeps disconnecting.

Dan