Re: How to set up Bind/SplitDNS on FC5?

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

I thought they did; make sure that bind is running with the "-D" option.
Just checked, and a basic install of FC6 (rawhide) doesn't turn this on
by default either.  Which might explain some of the stupidity I've been
seeing WRT to networking changes recently on my laptop.

Okay.  I hand-modified /etc/sysconfig/named and added OPTIONS=-D and
now named is reporting dbus service.  Should I file a bug against named
for this?  I have no idea if it should be running with the DBUS service
enabled by default.

Note that split DNS, while possible, isn't quite used yet.  We've got
all the bits in place, just need to hook it up for VPN.

Oh, it isn't?   Hmm...  Then what does that mean for a VPN situation?
When I VPNC into my corporate net I need to use the corporate DNS servers.
If I'm using named.....  How would this work right now?

Dan

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available