Re: stop NMI from automatic router switching

I am a bit confused, on my system Network-Manager never automatically
connects to a network unless I connect to it first.  So if there is an
open wireless network that you don't want to connect to it should
never connect to it unless you connected at least once.  To stop this
delete the network under ~/.gconf/system/networking/wireless/networks.

I know that deleting it there is not the most user friendly solution
to deleting profiles but it does work...   There should be an easier
way to handle profiles but I think that is coming.

So Network Manager will always attempt to connect to a network you
have already connected to, this causes a couple of problems:
1) Priority, how do you prioritize which SSID to connect to.  Though
this is a pretty minor problem for the majority of users.
2) How do you set certain AP's as only connect when explicitly told to.

The workaround is to delete the network and if you ever have to use
that network again make sure you delete it when you are done with it
so it does not auto reconnect later.

**Disclaimer: What I have written above is the behavior I see and
could be completely incorrect!  ;)