stop NMI from automatic router switching

Hello,
NetworkManagerInfo keeps swritching to a wireless router that I do not want to be using.  When I specify the preferable router, NMI will swirtch briefly, but will immediately revert back to the original router.   I would appreciate any tips on how to prevent NMI from doing this.  If I am overlooking a simple solution, I apologize in advance for asking a boring newbie question.
Cheers,
Aaron