Re: questions

Ahhh...  So when this happens and you go to create new wireless
network are you able to select WPA then?

On 7/30/06, George Whitmore <george p whitmore gmail com> wrote:
Hi Darren,
The hot spot is "Panera" for Panera Bread, USA; I have used that hot spot
for many years mostly with WinXp till a couple of weeks ago I loaded Ubuntu
6.06.
 it seems to want to load that when I return home. The hot spot is about 6
miles away from my apartment. Like I said I'm using WPA2 personal. When I
click on 'configure' I get a screen that asks for a SSID and a WEP key, my
network is set to only WPA, so I cancel out. Then re-boot and try it again.
Sometimes the little stairway shows up on the task bar and sometimes NOT, so
in that case I reboot again till the stairway shows up then all is fine. The
program works it just doesn't like my setup I guess. My SSID is igeorge and
the access point is about 12 feet from my laptop. Like I said when I select
my home network it asks for a WEP Key instead of the WPA2 passkey...

george