Re: Setting access point MAC address?

Pat Suwalski wrote:

What seems to happen is that iwconfig shows that it continues hopping
even if wpa_supplicant (and NetworkManager for that matter) are not running.

So, I think it's the driver. But I don't know that it's consistent
across all drivers.

Yah, the drivers have issues, whether or not my hunch w.r.t. wpa_supplicant is correct.

madwifi, for example, just blows up when it roams.

I wonder if locking the BSSID makes sense? It has other benefits, too -- e.g., security.

	Robert Love