Re: Setting access point MAC address?
- From: Robert Love <rml novell com>
- To: Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Setting access point MAC address?
- Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:17:44 -0400
Pat Suwalski wrote:
What seems to happen is that iwconfig shows that it continues hopping
even if wpa_supplicant (and NetworkManager for that matter) are not running.
So, I think it's the driver. But I don't know that it's consistent
across all drivers.
Yah, the drivers have issues, whether or not my hunch w.r.t.
wpa_supplicant is correct.
madwifi, for example, just blows up when it roams.
I wonder if locking the BSSID makes sense? It has other benefits, too
-- e.g., security.
] [Thread Prev