Re: FC5, Madwifi, NM -- network recovery after suspend-to-ram?

I assumed the modules had to be reloaded at first, since bringing the interfaces up manually didn't get the device detected by NM. However, I then discovered that right-clicking the applet and unchecking "Enable Networking" ("Enable Wireless" does not appear at this point) and then rechecking it is all that's needed to start scanning for networks.

Does this indicates a simpler solution is possible?

-Robbo
[using madwifi-0.9.1 and latest NM on Ubuntu 6.06]

P.S. Killing and restarting NM also works, as you might expect.