Re: Feature Requests

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 09:46 +0100, dragoran wrote:
> Seems that there is no defined interface for this:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=116549780110560&w=2
>
> each driver uses its own method.

Right.  There's been quite a bit of activity on this front recently, and
I think there will be a workable solution in the one of the next kernel
versions (2.6.21 or later).  NetworkManager will then require some
support from HAL, but with that we should be able to have a unified
handler for rfkill.

Right now, we're not handling rfkill because there's no way we're going
to pollute the code with 6 driver-specific rfkill procedures.  Plus
there's usually no way to detect that rfkill switches have been pressed
besides polling the driver, which is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.