Re: [gentoo] NetworkManager and conf.d files

I think that live.gnome.org is the best place to handle Distro
specific issues since they can be added easily by the people who
use/maintain each distro:

http://live.gnome.org/DarrenAlbers/NetworkManagerFAQ

On 12/6/06, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 18:49 +0000, Antony J Mee wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 12:07 -0600, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
> > Personally, what I have is,
> >

> > RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth*"
> >
> > in my /etc/conf.d/rc
> >
> > What this does is not start any eth* devices (obviously, if you have a
> > wlanX device you would want to put "!net.eth* !net.wlan*" in there -
> > though it may be comma seperated, not sure of the exact format.
>
> I knew there'd be a correct way to do it :-) Thank you Steev!
>
> We should write this stuff somewhere... Is the NM Wiki an appropriate
> place for such things (at least where distros haven't yet added NM to
> their stable release)? Dan?

Sure, why not :)  Either that, or Darren's FAQ might work well too, but
the live.gnome.org wiki is fine with me.

Dan