Re: Can we make NM automatically handle the need for proxy arp?

On 8/27/06, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
So I don't think this is a Network Manager issue but a Linux
networking issue, can you run ethereal and post the output from
windows and linux?

Actually I don't even think this is a linux networking issue, in
retrospect letting any device running proxy-arp route your traffic
seems to be a VERY bad idea.  I suspect that the Linux networking
stack is doing the smart thing in this case.  I wonder if you just
remove the default gateway will Linux let any device that is arping
that it knows the route to something take the traffic?

If you boot into windows and run route print does it show some strange
routes in it?