Re: Can we make NM automatically handle the need for proxy arp?

I am suprised by this, I travel a lot and have never had this problem
also this captive portal is operating strange, most don't do anything
odd with DHCP to operate they register your mac or use some form of
authentication and lets you IP pass once you authenticate otherwise it
takes all your traffic and sends it to the portal page when it reaches
the default gateway.  It does this all without requiring any tricks.

This is how the Aruba AP's that I have personal experience with work
and it seems like adding strange complication to do it any other way.

So just to be specific I see where the problem is with this AP, look
at what information it sent you:

How is it possible for you to have a default gateway that is not on
your local subnet?!  I am suprised that windows even accepts that
since you can't add it manually.

Here is what I think is happening, the DHCP server is misconfigured
but router that is on that network has proxy-arp enabled so it is
picking up all the traffic anyway.

So I don't think this is a Network Manager issue but a Linux
networking issue, can you run ethereal and post the output from
windows and linux?