Automatically reconfigure smtp relays in exim with NetworkManager and whereami : my trial

Hi.

I'm not subscribed to the list, but I thought it may be helpful to share
my report on trying to tie networkmanager and whereami in order to
reconfigure exim's relay host "on the fly"... It's probably a hack, not
having digged in network manager's internals, but I hope it can be
useful for others.

Here's the way I've done it :
http://www-inf.int-evry.fr/~olberger/weblog/2006/08/25/automatically-reconfigure-smtp-relays-in-exim-with-networkmanager-and-whereami/#more-115

Excerpt from the first lines :
"I’m using NetworkManager in Gnome (on the Debian system), and its hook
scripts in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d to launch whereami, which
will detect which network conf is activated, and hence reconfigure the
smtp relay to use, with its script setmailrelay."

Hope this helps, and of course, any comments welcome.

Best regards, and thanks to developers for this nice tool ;)

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier berger int-evry fr>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF