Re: Network Manager Times Out During DHCP Handshake

Joe Barnett said the following on 8/18/2006 2:17 PM:

I see the same behavior on a Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03) with ndiswrapper on ubuntu dapper (see https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/wpasupplicant/+bug/42504 )... It seems like the association happens correctly, but wpasupplicant get notified properly. I'm not sure how to debug this at all; maybe a network manager dev has some ideas on debugging it?

Thanks for the confirmation, Joe. So far, it seems that the Broadcom BCM43xx/NDIS combination just doesn't vibe too well with Network Manager. I /have/ tried 'cutting' the firmware from numerous sources, including the one that works perfectly with NDIS, but each and every time, the end result is a kernel panic when the wireless card is activated. With this particular wireless adapter, NDIS appears to be the only solution.

Judging from Bug #42504 over at Launchpad, this issue seems to be affecting quite a few users. Any comments, recommendations, pointers, etc. from any of NM's fine devs would definitely be appreciated.

-Adam