Re: Problems with Networkmanager + Madwifing

I had similar problems when I used the latest madwifi drivers.  I
/think/ it had something to do with the workarounds patch applied to
the version of Network-Manager in Ubuntu.  The madwifi drivers shipped
with Ubuntu are older and did not support the latest WEXT so a
work-around had to be applied to Network-Manager.  I think this
workaround causes problems with the newer version of Madwifi that does
support WEXT.

Your best bet would be to remove the package from Ubuntu and compile
Network-Manager from source, the ubuntuforums howto section has a good
walkthrough on this.  There is also a problem with the way the madwifi
drivers report their signal strength, a workaround was posted by
Robert Love around 6 months ago (This workaround is included in the
Ubuntu package), you should probably apply that patch.  If you can't
find that patch post here and I will dig it up for you.