Re: NM and broadcom stuff with ndiswrapper

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 21:44, Darren Albers wrote:
>Unfortunately your first email was a little vague so nobody probably
>knew what to say...  I will take a stab at answering but it is likely
>that I am misdiagnosing your problem completely but here goes anyway!
>
>:-)
>
>I think the problem you are having is an issue with the version of
>NDISWrapper you have not fully supporting the latest WEXT.  From what
>I understand this was fixed and the NDISWrapper has full WEXT support
>in CVS.
>
>Because the NM devs did not want to support 15+ different cards they
>focused on supporting the Wireless Extensions (WEXT) standard and
>hoped to push developers to make their cards compliant.
>
>IF (Notice I said IF ;) ) this is your problem you have three options:
>1) Use the open-source driver from: http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/
>According to this page that driver works:
>http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerHardware   *Note* Some members of
>the Ubuntuforums have reported that these drivers are somewhat slow.
>2) Update to the latest version of NDISWrapper

This might be helpfull, what repo do I enable in kyum to get that for an
FC5 install, i386 version?

>3) Build Network Manager yourself but apply the patch that Robert Love
>posted back in march that adds specific support for NDISWrapper and
>MADWIFI drivers.
>http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2006-March/msg00068
>.html
Failing the above, this last one may be of assistance.  What repo would
I send yum after to get the srcs of NM that this patch applies to?

>I hope this helps!

I do too, and thanks a bunch.  Am I to understand that this is an
ndiswrapper fix, and not related to driverloader from berlios.de?