Re: NM and broadcom stuff with ndiswrapper

Unfortunately your first email was a little vague so nobody probably
knew what to say...  I will take a stab at answering but it is likely
that I am misdiagnosing your problem completely but here goes anyway!
:-)

I think the problem you are having is an issue with the version of
NDISWrapper you have not fully supporting the latest WEXT.  From what
I understand this was fixed and the NDISWrapper has full WEXT support
in CVS.

Because the NM devs did not want to support 15+ different cards they
focused on supporting the Wireless Extensions (WEXT) standard and
hoped to push developers to make their cards compliant.

IF (Notice I said IF ;) ) this is your problem you have three options:
1) Use the open-source driver from: http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/
According to this page that driver works:
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerHardware   *Note* Some members of
the Ubuntuforums have reported that these drivers are somewhat slow.
2) Update to the latest version of NDISWrapper
3) Build Network Manager yourself but apply the patch that Robert Love
posted back in march that adds specific support for NDISWrapper and
MADWIFI drivers.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2006-March/msg00068.html

I hope this helps!