Re: NM and broadcom stuff with ndiswrapper

On Thursday 20 April 2006 12:37, Gene Heskett wrote:

6 days ago, and no reply?  I was recommended to take my questions here,
but I'm wondering if I'm in the right store here folks.

>Greetings;
>
>Is there a snowballs chance of making this (NM) work?
>
>HP dv532us lappy, amd64 turion, i386 version of FC5 currently
> installed.
>
>Configured by hand, with fixed addresses all around my local home
>network, using the drivers from the XP install also on that disk,
> seems to work just fine.

I've since reconfigured the home network to use dhcp, and it works just
fine if I do a service network start.  Do a stop, and start NM, and
there is no connection.

Doing an iwconfig when NM is running discloses that the only thing
different between a working link and non-working link is that when NM
is running there is not a WEP key shown in the iwconfig output.

Is this enough info to trigger a response?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: