Re: Network Manager not working

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 15:47 +0000, Ciaran Sharkey wrote:
> Hi folks...
>
> I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having when
> trying to use NetworkManager. I have successfully downloaded and installed
> the package, but I can not get it to work at all :(
>
> The icon appears in the notification area with a red X across it. When I
> hover over it with the pointer it reads "No Network Connection" which is not
> true as my Wireless card is connected and successfully working. When I click
> on it a "greyed" out box appears with the words "Wired Network" in it (no
> tick present.) When I right click on the icon there is an option to "Stop
> all Wireless Devices" and when I click this it still does not have an effect
> on the Wireless Card as it still works correctly.
>
> Can you please advise as to how I could get this working as I require this
> tool for testing purposes.

Could you open a terminal, sudo/su to root, stop NetworkManager, and
then run "/usr/bin/NetworkManager --no-daemon"?  Then try to connect to
a wireless network.  Grab the output from the terminal and attach that
file to a bug report against NetworkManager at either
bugzilla.redhat.com or bugzilla.gnome.org.

Thanks!