Re: Initial libnl support committed

* Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom pdx edu> 2005-10-28 11:24
> So now my question is, will 'iproute' start using 'libnl' at some point?
> It would be good if it was possible for them to combine their efforts.

No, it has been considered a few times though. The current plan is to
come up with a new tool probably called netconfig providing a decent
architecture to cope with new needs such as netconf/forces interfac
integration, distributed configuration, and easier user interfaces.

The Netconf'05 slides [http://vger.kernel.org/netconf05_tgraf.sxi] might
give a bit of an inside on this topic.