Re: Any good news for Intersil Prism 2 users on Fedora Core?

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 17:40 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 11:28 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> > On 10/19/2005 10:59 AM, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > > I get a conflict for this:
> > >
> > > Error: NetworkManager conflicts with bind-chroot
> > >
> > yum remove bind-chroot
>
> Yep, that did the trick! NM 0.5.0 is installed, running, and apparently
> working fine.
>
> One mystery -- there is a wireless access point in the office that I'm
> in at the moment which I've never tried to connect to before.
> NetworkManagerInfo shows a padlock next to it, and so I asked for the
> key and was told a 10 digit number, which doesn't look like any WEP key
> I've seen before. I cannot connect to this access point whether I enter
> the key as a 128-bit Passphrase, an ASCII key or a Hex key. Everyone
> here uses Windows except me, and they just seem to type this 10 digit
> number in when Windows prompts them, and they connect without specifying
> what kind of key it is. Any clues as to why NM (or perhaps my hardware)
> doesn't seem to like this key?

Hmm, its most definitely a Hex or ASCII WEP key, not a passphrase, since
Windows (at least on XP with WZC) doesn't do passphrases.  Can you give
us a bit more information about the brand of access point that it is,
and how the Windows users actually enter the key in Windows (ie, perhaps
step-by-step?).