Re: PPTP Support

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 16:29 +0000, Antony J Mee wrote:
> So. I have attempted to start a discussion on the linux-ppp and
> pptp-client-devel lists to sniff out solutions to precisely these
> issues.  I didn't want to fill everyones mail boxes with it but you can
> find it archived here:
>
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ppp&m=113267583227164&w=2

Another thought I had.  Could any of the functionality required be
implemented in a pppd plugin?  If there's not enough exposed there,
could we convince the pppd authors to add a hook to be executed whenever
ifup would be executed?  We could instead run the pptp helper binary at
that point, directly from pppd.

Although, that would be my second choice.  First choice would be the
command line option for path to the ifup script, which NM could override
(as long as pptp does the same).