Re: Network Manager with KDE

Trey Sizemore wrote:
I'm running SUSE 10 and notice that netapplet will be deprecated in
favor of Network Manager.  I've heard a lot of good things about
Network Manager, but the last time I tried to use it, I could not see
how to access it from within KDE.  For example, I can have netapplet
appear as an applet in the KDE system tray, but did not see a way to
visually present Network Manager info (such as available wireless
networks) from within KDE.

Would somone be able to help here?  I like Gnome but also use KDE as
well.

I've been running NetworkManager's applet NetworkManagerInfo explicitly from either an Xterm or the Application Launcher in KDE on FC4. If you want an iconified way to run it you'll have to add an icon to the KDE panel (or its menu).

--
   Best Regards,
      ~DJA.