wireless-tools in debian?

Hey all,
I'm trying to build network manager on Debian testing/unstable. First of all, has anyone been successful in doing this yet?

The configuration script for 0.5.1 is failing, because it says that I need wireless-tools >= 28pre9. I currently have the wireless-tools27+28pre10-1 debian package installed. Should this meet the requirement, or do I need something newer? If so, does anyone know where to get a newer wireless-tools package?

Thanks,

Jason Martens