Re: OpenVPN in NM CVS.

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 22:18 +0100, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> Since you have to restart dbus (to get the new permissions for the
> module loaded) you also will need do restart the NetworkManager. At
> least during my tests it would not recover from a dbus failure.
> David posted the real answer for this.

to reload the system.d files. i did this:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --system --type=method_call \
   --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus / org.freedesktop.DBus.ReloadConfig

still i had to restart NetworkManager,
otherwise it would not find /etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-openvpn-service.name
and would not offer me Open VPN as a possible VPN privder.

> I was able to ping beyond the routing barrier, though. Will
> have a look at this again.
thanks for your work,
i am looking forward to manage my vpn connections with
NetworkManager.