Re: dhcdbd licensing

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 13:01, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 18:21 +0200, Tom Parker wrote:
> > After a while of not looking at NetworkManager, I've started looking
> > at things like dhcdbd and getting it working on a Debian box.
> > Unfortunately, I can't seem to find what license it's released under.
> > The only info I can find is in the .spec file, which just says
> > "distributable", which is not very informative. The source files have
> > copyright notices, but no license mentions. So, how's it licensed?
>
> I'll cc Jason Vas Dias, the author.  He can reply to that.
>
> Jason: is there CVS for dhcdbd some place?  If not that would probably
> be a good idea, we might be able to host it at rhlinux.redhat.com or
> sourceforge or something.
>
> Dan

The spec file says it all: 'distributable', which
sums up my attitude to licensing.
There are intentionally no Copyrights or licensing
statements anywhere in the source code. I'll put
"Copyleft" statements in the source if you insist.
You are free to do what you like with the source,
and I'll see about getting it checked in to rhlinux.redhat.com external
CVS ASAP.
Regards,
Jason Vas Dias.