Re: NetworkManager config file
- From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- To: Gad Kadosh <gad kadosh gmail com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: NetworkManager config file
- Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:33:27 -0400
On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 20:20 +0300, Gad Kadosh wrote:
> Is there a reason why NetworkManager doesn't have a config file, and
> uses the distro specific instead ? Wouldn't it be better to have a
> config file that suits exactly the needs of NM ?
1) Users only have to edit 1 config file, the system one. System tools
like yast, gnome-system-tools, and system-config-network can be used.
ie, we are not re-inventing the wheel
2) Users shouldn't _have_ to edit config files. Static IP support is
only there because people still need it. Most networks support DHCP and
that's what people should use. I don't see a need to ever edit the
config files _unless_ you use static IP.
The point is that NM should "just work" without any configuration, let
alone having to edit text files.
] [Thread Prev