Re: CVS (STABLE_0_3) works for Madwifi/Atheros, but starts too late

Quoting Paul Dugas <paul dugas homeip net>:

> On Fri, May 13, 2005 12:33 pm, Derek Atkins said:
> > NetworkManager: DHCP: Got some data of length 66.
> > NetworkManager: DHCP: Reply message was not UDP (ip_hdr->protocol = 6,
> > IPPROTO_UDP = 17), won't use it.
> > NetworkManager: DHCP: Got some data of length 52.
> > NetworkManager: DHCP: Reply message was not UDP (ip_hdr->protocol = 6,
> > IPPROTO_UDP = 17), won't use it.
>
> Used to get this kind of garbage when I was having trouble with WEP.  Just
> a thought.  Is it possible that the cause is not actually garbage from the
> DHCP but just off the air noise?

Unlikely... I'm getting this when the ethernet is plugged in..  So it should
only be listening to the 802.3, not 802.11.  However there is definitely a
correlation between these error messages and the crash.  The crashes always
follow a long string of these (however just seeing these errors do not
necessarily mean a crash is imminent).

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available