Re: [patch] more stetic!

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 09:23 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 09:07 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> >
> > > Okay, I've got to ask...  What the heck is "stetic"?  Is it a typo of
> > > "static"?  Or is it a complete misunderstanding of the English word
> > > "aesthetic"?  I cannot find the word "stetic" in any English
> > > Dictionary I've tried.
> > >
> > > Or, perhaps, is it a typo on the German version (dropping the "Ae"
> > > character)?
> >
> > Read the start of the thread, it's explained there.
>
> Um, sorry, but I just re-read it, and the word "stetic" is never defined.  I

The original "stetic" thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2005-June/msg00067.html

> _presume_ it means "aesthetic" based on context, but I'd like that clarified.

http://primates.ximian.com/~peter/stetic.html

"Stetic" isn't proper isn't proper English, which is why it's in between
quotes in pretty much all the text. Frobnicate isn't in the dictionary
either, you'll see it used nonetheless.

> The grammar geek in me is reeling at the use of a non-word.  If nothing else,
> I'd like to educate those on this list on the proper use of the English
> Language.

A bit rich from an American :)

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
I always thought deaf people were funny. -- Neil LaBute