Re: [patch] add remove right-click menu item.

Hi Dan,

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 22:24 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> This is something I've kind of ignored for a bit.  I think it would probably be
> a good idea to have this in the Add to Panel... menu, but then we've got to
> figure out how to make sure the Notification Area applet is running too.
> Because if the NA isn't running, there's no way nm-applet can show up.  I have
> no idea how to do this, perhaps Ray Strode or Mark might have some ideas...

	The Add to Panel dialog is for panel applet's only rather than
notification area icons.

	You guys know best, but it seems to me that whether you want
NetwokManager on the panel or not is purely a decision about whether you
want NetworkManager to handle the network devices for you, right? Does
it make sense to have NetworkManager running and not have the applet? If
not, it sounds to me like the applet should always be running if
NetworkManager is running and the menu item doesn't make sense.

Cheers,
Mark.