Re: [patch] add remove right-click menu item.

On 6/20/05, Robert Love <rml novell com> wrote:
Hey,

Attached patch adds a "Remove From Panel" menu item to the right click
menu.  Clicking it does what it advertises.  It follows the same style
and format as other panel applets.

To me this behavior doesn't make sense, considering that nm-applet is not a real panel applet, but a notification icon.  From a user's POV, if I do 'Remove From Panel', how do I get the icon back when I need it?  It doesn't show up in the 'Add to panel...' dialog, and there is no entry for it in the menu.  I would suggest using behavior similar to eggcups, i.e. have a 'Hide' menu item, and when it is clicked on, it hides the icon, but leaves the process running.  Then, when there is a change in the network link status (and therefore I need to use the icon to connect to another network), the icon would reappear.  I guess either way, maybe a menu entry should be made for it.

Thanks,
Mason