WEP Issue - windows just works...

Hey guys,

Just bit of a probably dumb-ass question after running into a scenario
on my note book where I could quite happily log onto a new wireless
access port under windows but not using Network manager under linux
(FC3).  Under linux when I select the newly detected network (encrypted
with WEP) I am prompted for the WEP key and three choices - Acsii, Hex
and Passphrase.  Using the provided key none of these options worked.
Switching to windows (XP Pro) I was prompted with one option - WEP key -
which worked immediately (well actually I had to enter the WEP key twice
- the second time to confirm there were no typos I guess).

I don't know what Windows is doing special, but can the 3 options using
Network Manager be simplified to just have a user enter the WEP key and
then the manager can just try the different options?  It kinda goes
along the whole Network Manager ideal which is to just make it work!

Regards,
Anthony.