Re: [patch] Support Debian's resolvconf

On 7/28/05, Steev <steev steev net> wrote:
> Will Dyson wrote:
> > I can work on moving the resolv.conf management into the backends, if
> > people think that would be useful. Do any other distributions (or any
> > of the BSDs) have their own systems for managing resolver information?
> >

> Gentoo currently just uses /etc/resolv.conf, however there is a new
> baselayout package in the works, and they are planning on the ability to
> either use the static /etc/resolv.conf or it being somewhere like
> /var/lib/etc (no, i don't think thats where it is, just know that soon
> you can set it to be a symlink or not.

If at least one other system is going to want to have /etc/resolv.conf
be a symlink to something else, then I guess I'll put together a patch
to move the management of libc resolver info out of
named-manager/nm-named-manager.c and into NetworkManagerSystem.c
(where it can cleanly call into code from backends/whatever.c).

Of course, Colin won't like it.

--
Will Dyson