Re: [patch] Support Debian's resolvconf

Will Dyson wrote:
> I can work on moving the resolv.conf management into the backends, if
> people think that would be useful. Do any other distributions (or any
> of the BSDs) have their own systems for managing resolver information?

Gentoo currently just uses /etc/resolv.conf, however there is a new
baselayout package in the works, and they are planning on the ability to
either use the static /etc/resolv.conf or it being somewhere like
/var/lib/etc (no, i don't think thats where it is, just know that soon
you can set it to be a symlink or not.