From: networkmanager-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:networkmanager-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Rick van Ek
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:25 AM
To: networkmanager-list gnome org
Subject: Tried and Failed NetworkManager on Fedora 3

hello,

by the article in Redhat magazine I stumbled in and over NetworkManager. Looks great, if it would work for me. As I'm hooking into differend networks this looked a great tool. Have installed and started it without errors and or problems.

But then I could not use my wired link any more. It's the fixed NIC in my Hp OmniBook XE3.

if starting the network manager like # service networkManager start
Setting network parameters:                                [  OK  ]
Starting NetworkManager daemon:                            [  OK  ]

starting the $> NetworkManagerInfo &   => shows the icon
If I click the icon I can see wired network, but nothing more then that. My wireless has not been connected yet. But then I cannot access the network any more, I cannot find an error messages. if I want to get connected with the network again I have to stop the NetworkManager service and deactivate/activate my nic.

The nic is configured as :
[root HPomniXE3 ~]# ethtool -i eth0
driver: tulip
version: 1.1.13
firmware-version:
bus-info: 0000:00:10.0

This is what is installed :
NetworkManager-0.3.3-1.cvs20050119.2.fc3
NetworkManager-gnome-0.3.3-1.cvs20050119.2.fc3

uname -r
2.6.10-1.760_FC3

What is going on?
What can I do to trace / fix it?

Regards,
Rick van Ek
Van Ek IT-Consultancy bv

email: rick v ek xs4all nl

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."