Re: some success, some probs with prism54 and SMC AP

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Jens Lautenbacher wrote:
> Before the recent changes it more or less what was to be expected, but
> now it simply shows 0% (this is from fresh CVS as of half an hour ago,
> the previous days it showed always ~15%, before that it was always ~95%
> -100% near the AP which sounds more likely)
>
> Is this a known problem with prism54? The output from iwconfig shows
> this:

Jens,

prism54 is basically screwed for quality.  I know, NetworkManager shows bogus
numbers for mine too.  However, its because the driver needs to get fixed.  #1,
they don't provide a maximum quality from which we can get a percentage, and #2
they don't provide useful noise values of any sort.

I plan to take a look at this and perhaps patch it in the near future, but for
now we're a bit out of luck.