Re: Atheros abg / madwifi trouble

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 11:14 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> We can't _stop_ scanning when we're successfully connected to an AP,
> otherwise we'll never get an up-to-date list of access points in our
> menu, but it can be far less often than we do it now.  I still think
> that if the normalized scan list changes, we need to bump the next scan
> up earlier as well, to ensure validity of the scan list.  The thing is,
> if the menu lists an access point that actually is no longer there, the
> user technically cannot connect to it, but its still in the menu.
> _Also_ not good from a users perspective.

It should be possible though to only do the scan when the applet is
clicked on?  At least if we're connected with "high" quality; I know
there are problems with quality, but perhaps it is possible to see how
sensible the returned information is, and use it if it seems reasonable.
Or alternatively go the whitelist approach.