gtk-qt-engine breaks NetworkManagerNotification

First off, wonderful program. Thanks!

I use KDE on my laptop and gtk-qt-engine to keep some continuity between application appearance. However, I have found that it breaks NetworkManager. When using gtk-qt-engine the wired connection will be detected and configured properly, but wireless connections are never made. The output from
NetworkManager --no-daemon
gives:

NetworkManager: Activation (eth1) started...
NetworkManager: Activation (eth1/wireless): waiting for an access point.
NetworkManager: Updating allowed wireless network lists.
NetworkManager: nm_dbus_get_networks(): org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerInfo.NoNetworks raised There were are no wireless networks stored.
NetworkManager: Updating allowed wireless network lists.

When I click on the system tray icon an empty drop down menu appears and then an error dialog with:
The Application "NetworkManagerNotification" has quit unexpectedly.

When I click 'ok', NetworkManagerNotification is respawned and the tray icon reappears.

Without gtk-qt-engine everything works perfectly.

This is all with
fc3
NetworkManager cvs20050131 (and earlier)
gtk-qt-engine-0.60-0.fdr.1.3
kde 3.3.2
gnome 2.8.0-3

Just passing on what I have learned,
I'll keep testing to see if I can find out why.

Andrew