Re: OpenVPN port selection

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 23:52 +0100, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> That is not completely correct. I take care of DNS and WINS push
> messages (see src/nm-openvpn-service-openvpn-helper.c, the
> foreign_option_%i stuff). I do not care about the routes for now since
> NM does not (yet?) have support for sending these after the connection
> has been established via dbus, use the routes field in the optional
> information expander.

If you whip up some patches to expand the information that the
vpn-service passes to NM, by all means post them.

Where routes get complicated is when the administrator and user come
into conflict.  I seriously don't want to add route overrides to the UI.
For example, if your home network is 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.2.0, but the
network admin wishes to block those routes for you, he/she could simply
have the VPN concentrator specify 192.168.1.0 gets routed over the VPN.
Then we get into really ugly territory with the UI for VPN routing
configuration.