Re: [patch] redo tray icon, take two

My apologies for the late reply, been busy with Banshee.

This is fairly easy to do, and I'll do it, but I'd like to point out that the icons in NM are already as large as the typical small size of the panel.

Typically users pack the notification area inside the "menu" panel at the top, which is very small. That said, if you add 2-3px of padding on the left/right of the icon, you are making the NM area in the notification area wider than everything else packed into the notification area.

This will end up making NM look spaced apart from everything else. I'll give it a shot, but what's the point of the extra padding?

Again, NM is the only notification area applet that I have ever seen to actually pack a top level menu into its parent widget... all others that intend to have button-1 click menus simulate a top level menu using popup geometry. See the volume control applet for the best example.

--Aaron