Re: HEAD 1.450 applet.c patch

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

> I'm curious how we fix that in this scenario.  In NetworkManager, we
> know if the user explicitly requested connection to the access point, or
> whether NM just decided to use the next-best-one.  So we could add a
> boolean to the update-network-info dbus call that would indicate as
> such, and the applet/info-daemon could do whatever it wanted to, right?
> That sounds plausible to me and preserves the current behavior.

Have a second timestamp (which can be zero) which is the "user chosen"
time.  So you have two timestamps, the "last used" time which is when
it was last active, and the "last chosen" time which is the last time
a user specifically chose the network.

That should preserve the current behavior, too.

> Dan

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available