Re: [Utopia] NetworkManager 0.3.1

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 16:29 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> NetworkManager 0.3.1 has been released.
>
> WHAT'S NEW:
> ===========
>
> Everything!
>
> This is the first public release of NetworkManager.  It is still early
> in the development stage but is usable.  There are versions for Debian,
> Fedora, Gentoo and Slackware.  It should be easy to port it to any
> desktop that runs HAL.

This does not appear to be in Gentoo as of this time, dispite the web
page claiming it is.  This makes it more difficult to try out, so I'll
ask some questions first.

On Gentoo, udev will run the net.foo start script when interface foo
appears.  Does NetworkManager stop this?  How does NetworkManager deal
with the network changing out from under it, because I
plugged/enabled/modprobed my wireless card?  Should I tell Udev not to
run those scripts, and not run them at startup?  What about startup
scripts with net dependancies?

In otherwords, how does this interact with the rest of my Gentoo system
to keep the whole thing running smoothly?

(Obviously, all these questions apply to Redhat, Debian, etc.)

Daniel