Re: Problem with ESSIDs as gconf keys

Thom,

Yes, this is a known problem.  However, ESSIDs-as-keys in GConf are
currently escaped via gnome_vfs_escape_string().  That should fix your
issue with "Bitch Whore" (which is quite an apt name for many things
wireless on linux including the drivers, ex "Those Bitch Whore drivers
don't work").

This is only a half-workaround though, since gnome-vfs has a shorter
list of chars to escape than GConf says are invalid.  So we'll have to
write our own function.  Note that gnome_vfs_escape_set() seems to do
what we want, but there's no gnome_vfs_unescape_set() function.