Re: [anjuta-devel] Sharing code between Nemiver and Anjuta

Hi,

Le 06/06/2013 21:06, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
Well yes and no. Our policy is to keep the core libs (libanjuta) in C
while plugins can (in theory) use any language and in practice can use
C, Vala, C++ (though there is no wrapper around libanjuta) and in theory
any language that supports gobject-introspection.

I fully agree with this.

I don't see an issue when using C++ code in anjuta but I would like to
avoid duplicating code between nemiver and anjuta because it is a pain
to maintain. That could mean two things

The current debugger plugin in Anjuta has roughly the same function than Nemiver (I think Nemiver is a bit better) and has no code in common. I think the only common code is GDL which can be used by Nemiver.

* export the common functionality into some kind of library (can be part
of the nemiver sources)
* 1:1 copy of some nemiver sources into the anjuta codebase (like done
with scintilla). This is less prefered but might be easier to start with

I'm not convinced that it's less work to use Nemiver code than to duplicate it in Anjuta and I see C++ as a disadvantage for this. But I can be wrong. Moreover I think it's much more interesting to try to use Nemiver code than rewriting it in C. So, I would prefer to try the first, cleaner, solution.

Regards,

Sébastien