Re: [anjuta-devel] Sharing code between Nemiver and Anjuta

Hi all!

But, Anjuta has always used C whenever possible, and it's generally been
a policy of ours to stick to it to keep the codebase consistent. It
might be worthwhile to consider moving the entire Anjuta codebase to an
OO language like C++ so we can take advantage of its features and keep
the code consistent.

Well yes and no. Our policy is to keep the core libs (libanjuta) in C
while plugins can (in theory) use any language and in practice can use
C, Vala, C++ (though there is no wrapper around libanjuta) and in theory
any language that supports gobject-introspection.

I don't see an issue when using C++ code in anjuta but I would like to
avoid duplicating code between nemiver and anjuta because it is a pain
to maintain. That could mean two things

* export the common functionality into some kind of library (can be part
of the nemiver sources)
* 1:1 copy of some nemiver sources into the anjuta codebase (like done
with scintilla). This is less prefered but might be easier to start with

Regards,
Johannes